Friday, June 29, 2012

Mom knows best

 We were in St Louis on Monday for the eye clinic. Benaiah did very well and does not need glasses.  His  eyes are not crossed even though he looks like they are at times.  Over all a good appointment and the eye doctor suggested that we have 2 more tests run to see how his brain processes what he sees. So we headed back to St Louis Children's yesterday for the 2 eye tests and also for a 2nd opinion on Benaiah's legs.  The Orthopedic doctor here was much better than in Columbia. Benaiah does not have a leg length problem but he does have tight ankles like Suzanne his physical therapist said. If we do not take care of it now with stretching and night splints we will have a bigger problem that will require more serious steps. I am praying that this is the answer to his falling and that we won't have any problems with his feet in Ukraine. It definately is something to run by Mike W. So he was casted in pretty blue casts and I wish that I had brought my camera and in 2 weeks his camo splints will be ready.  I am very thankful that I insisted on a 2nd opinion.  Today Benaiah had OT.  He now can cut food with a knife and play operation. Um, I believe we may have to buy that game.

1 comment:

  1. Lean into the horse Benaiah , lean into the horse . . . from some Canadian Friends

    ReplyDelete