Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A fight for speech and swimming day 4

We have been swimming every day and Benaiah is getting really good in the water.  I again though had my eyes opened on how bad Benaiah's speech is.  A pregnant lady and her 2.5 yr old was in the kiddie pool with us and the little guy, Eli, was talking up a storm to her.  I explained why Benaiah doesn't talk and I enjoy educating the outside world about pediatric stroke. But I am really sick of telling people that he can't say his name, he can't say how old he is.  Sometimes it is hard and today at the pool it was hard for me.  I know Benaiah is smart and has alot in his head.  I just wish he could express himself.  I got a call today that informed me that our insurance will cover one speech session.  Yep, that is right.  Just one.  It doesn't matter that at almost 4, next month- that he talks like an 18 month old.  So the fight continues.  In the mean time we are learning our colors with sign language http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVcJHv32i18 and we talk alot.  I will leave you with some pictures of our swimming today.

 Splashing Daddy by kicking





No comments:

Post a Comment