Friday, August 24, 2012

crazy schedule

So life has taken an insane turn.  Starting this week, Benaiah will have 9 therapy sessions a week.  He is really progressing and we hope to get him to the spot where I am confidant to work with him once we get back home to Ukraine in November.  It has really become apparent to me that I live in the state of denial at times.  It is bliss to think he doesn't have this or that wrong.  Now we know what I have feared all along, the cerebral palsy is causing problems in his legs.  The night splints are working great and last night I caught him trying to put them on. We also had to up his Lamictal because he had a breakthru seizure.  I find it amazing that when we upped his medicine then his speech took off.  I need to ask Mike W about that.  Benaiah has adjusted to all of his therapy and loves his therapists, he also is using proloquo2go and it is helping him alot..  Next time I promise to post pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Laurel, you are such a blessing to your little boy...We are so proud of the progress Benaiah is making and truly know that he is God's miracle in progress...each time I read your updates, I realize what a little messenger of God he is to all of us...if only all of us would humble ourselves as a little child and really realize what challenges this precious little boy faces each day, but also know that God has given him such a loving and special mom to help him face these challenges...he is growing up in a truly wonderful Christian family with parents who love him and grandparents who support him and an extended family who keep him in their prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherelle! I want for Benaiah to be a blessing and used of God. The Lord did not heal him but this is the verse I claim for his life "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9. I will admit that I have been struggling the last few days with the fact that he has all these problems. I know he could be worse but it is amazing the emotions that I deal with in myself. Thank God I have friends who have been there and they understand.

    ReplyDelete