Saturday, July 13, 2013

I Love You

On July 3 a miracle happened, Benaiah said those 3 special words that I have been waiting years to hear.  He said I love you, unprompted and he said them first.  I honestly don't know why it bothered me so much that I never heard them.  Part of it was because he has for at least a year or so been able to express when he is frustrated.  Now he can say I love you, tell people hi when he greets them and even shake hands which is a cultural thing here that boys/men do when they greet each other here in Ukraine.  Benaiah is funny as he just sticks his hand in your face.  It is cute or at least to me it is cute.


We made 17 weeks seizure free before the seizure monster reared its ugly head.  I knew one was coming or at least thought one was as before the seizure happened he kept saying he had to clean his eyes.  Since then he has not said his eyes need cleaning quite as much.  The seizure was a pretty nasty one, nasty for Benaiah.  Thank God he came out of it ok as I was ready to call 101 for an ambulance, which would of been interesting on a Sunday morning with his Neuro out of the country.  

1 comment:

  1. I love you Laurel and I am so happy for you and Benaiah. Anna

    ReplyDelete