Monday, June 24, 2013

Kindergarten

What do books, computers and life have in common? 






Kindergarten, or my version of it for Benaiah.




School is going very well I think at this point.  Now that he is 5, I am trying harder to get him interested and we have a schedule we kind of keep.  It is called 1 lesson on ABCmouse.com and 3 pages in his workbook.     Today he traced his name for the first time and did pretty good if I don't say so myself.  We also incorporate signing times into the equation.  Speech therapy is going on all the time as is OT.  Bboy can cut and paste like a pro now, though cutting a circle is almost impossible for him.  He also is able to ride a scooter. Overall, I am pretty happy with how things are going with him.  I am constantly checking myself to see if what we are doing is working.  I have thought about looking at lapbooks for him, but have no idea how to even start that process or if it would even be a good fit for him.


Last week or so, Benaiah started collecting bugs.  He found 2 caterpillars and here is what they looked like yesterday when we let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment